Tuesday, October 11, 2016

The Bat Sitter

Hello everyone, a quick post today to let you know that I have a tutorial over at Mixed Media Mojo today for my Halloween mixed media canvas, The Bat Sitter.


Meet Zebediah, he's currently bat sitting for Vladula Von Peckering who's flown off for a visit with his cousins Count Peckula and Lord Wampyr.  Zebediah was happy to get the job because let's face it, it's hard to find gainful employment when you are a zombie.  Other than working as an extra in the Walking Dead or Z Nation or joining the occassional zombie walk what's a zombie to do with his time?!

I'd like to link my Halloween canvas up with the following challenges:

Mixed Media Monthly Challenge #29 Mood Board
 I was inspired by the spooky haunted house, the pumpkins and the little zombies down in the bottom corner :O)

Country View Challenges All Things Spooky October 2016 Challenge - hope my canvas is spooky enough!

Please pop over to Mixed Media Mojo for my how to and hope that you will feel inspired to join in our challenge, Spookiness with the twist of adding Bats.


See you there, if you dare, bwa-ha-ha-ha-ha!

Deb xo

17 comments:

  1. Oh Deb, this is a really clever canvas! Thanks for the tutorial.
    Judy x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Deb this is brilliant, I love it! A zombies gotta do what a zombies gotta do! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Deb, loving the canvas. Thanks for the visit to mine. You mentioned the MISTI. Since getting mine I have found a cheaper version of it but not sure what sizes they come in. Giving you the link here http://www.onceuponastamp.co.uk/be-creative-the-stampers-friend-stamping-tool/ The one shown is the same size as mine. Happy crafting, Angela x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gosh, I hadn't even realized we needed bat sitters. LoL. Sure could have employed a zombie bat sitter while we lived on our little farm in Wisconsin. Zebediah really seems to be enjoying himself too. LOVE this canvas, Deb. Great colors, great details and a fabulously clever idea. Bats on a leash...who'd have thought. Really, really fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ha, ha Deb, your story is wonderful, I love it every bit as much as your wonderful zombie creation - who would have thought... a bat sitter - love this!! Hugs, Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like a creepy family saga but I love your canvas

    ReplyDelete
  7. Brilliant, love the title of your post and your very imaginative creation xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Definitely spooky enough Deb, great make thanks for playing along with Country View crafts hugs Debs xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my gosh, you are too funny! I love the Bat Sitter! He is perfectly spooky. The town I moved to just had their second annual Zombie Walk (no I did not go) with a meeting in the town square and dancing to Michael Jackson's thriller (which I could hear where I live)...your art reminded me of what I might have seen! LOL ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. HOW FUN!!! Cute little canvas! LOVE the bent up gate, and what great colors!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fun card! That guy scares me. Thanks for playing at the Mixed Media Monthly Challenge!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my gosh, I love the story behind this. Fabulous!! Thanks for joining us at MMM this month. =)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a fabulous make Deb!! I absolutely love what you did with this!! The colours are amazing!! Thanks so much for adding it to our challenge at MMM

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love this zombie Deb!!He is fantastic! And I love the fence and broken gate behind him - awesome looking! Thank you for playing with us at The Mixed Media Monthly Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Late, but so happy I've arrived! This is one fun Halloween canvas and such a creative story! Huge congratulations on your spotlight at Mixed Media Monthly-so well deserved! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete

Due to an inordinate number of SPAM comments lately, I've had to turn on comment moderation and will post your comment as soon as I have reviewed it. Thank you so much for your interest in my work! Deb xo